The Hon’ble Chief Minister,
Sub : A Memorandum
The undersigned, on behalf of the ”JAC AGAINST ATTEMPT TO MURDER OF MD.ALTAF HUSSAIN, IQBAL HUSSAIN, SOIB AKHTER, SHAZAD AALAM, THANI AALAM & FARID KHAN AT IRAMSIPHAI ON 25-03-2016” has the honour to submit this humble memorandum for your kind perusal and necessary actions in the interest of the society and humanity ground.
That, on 25-03-2016 at around 7.30pm Shri Sanasam Thoi Singh S/o S. Ibomcha Singh of Iramsiphai Mamang Leikai, Sorokhaibam Gunamani Singh(Thang Saba) of Iramsiphai Mamang Leikai along with some persons brutally beat up Md. Altaf Hussain, Iqbal Hussain, Shazad Aalam and Soib Akhter with deadly weapons on their way to see ‘Thabal Chongba’. All the victims are students of lass IX (Shazad Aalam of Slopland Public School, Khongjom and the others of Five Star English High School). Shazad Aalam escaped and informed his brother Farid Khan about the incident. Farid Khan along with his cousin Thani Alam hurriedly went there on his uncle’s bike (Pulsar bearing registration number MN04B9656).
That, the two tried to save the three children (all their cousins) while the culprits began to burn them who were lying on the ground. But they were also attacked by the culprits and seriously injured. Then, some people including a Zilla Parishad Member also tried to reach the spot but the culprits blocked them with gun shots. Later, a pradhan of Iramsiphai reported the Wangoi Police and they rescued the victims. Yet, the culprits have not been booked so far.
That, the culprits charged the victims of theft of the bike used by Farid Khan during the incident and the police picked up the bike and kept in their custody.
That, two of the victims are treating in a hospital in Guwahati and one is also ready to go there for treatment.
That, the JAC has put up the following demands for your kind actions.
- The culprits involved in the incident be booked within 48 hours and given appropriate punishment according to the law.
2. Expenditure for treatments of the victims be borne by the Government of Manipur.
3. Suitable government post(s) be given to the family/families of the victim(s) in the case of dead or handicapped caused by the incident.
4. Immediate measures be taken up so that such untoward incident may not be happened in future.
5. All responsibilities for such untoward incidents due to delay of appropriate actions be borne by the Government.
We do hope that our honourable beloved and secular CM shall take up necessary actions for the welfare of Manipur.
We will be grateful to you.