Home News Headlines

Ukhrul fire destroys private residence

By Our Ukhrul CorrespondentUKHRUL  April 16: In a devastating fire, a house  belonging to one Masoyo Vaca of Shiroy village, Ukhrul was completely reduced to cinders, the incident happened on April 14  at around 1.50 pm.
According to  family members the cause of the fire was due to an electric short circuit. The Shiroi village is situated just 11 kilometers North from Ukhrul Head Quarter.
The family disclosed to this correspondent that the inferno had caused damage upto 7-8 lacs worth as seven rooms including generator, scooter,television set, sewing machine, two LPG cooking gas , almirahs and furniture were lost in the fire.
There were no human casualties, however as the villagers had timely intervened to prevent further spread of fire which might have spread to the neighboring houses. By the time, Ukhrul fire service reached the village, the house was burnt completely.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Exit mobile version