IMPHAL, April 10: In an apparent move to take corrective measures against negligence and delay in taking up developmental works, works minister, K. Ranjit, has today announced to blacklist a Dimapur based company and book the contractors handling the works in NH 39 if liable, for negligence.
The minister made the announcement during an inspection tour conducted today for various development programmes being undertaken under the PWD including the National Highway 39.
Talking to media persons on the side line of the tour the minster said that Huka Tone Naga Company of Dimapur a company entrusted to take up for developing for a stretch of 27 km from Taphou Kuki to Maram. And for the same a sum 33.89 crores have been sanctioned for the works. However after taking up works for few stretch most of the section were left undone for about a year. Subsequent upon the delay the department gave repeated warning to the concerned contractor handling the works but failed to pay any heed to the warning, maintained the minister.
The works minister further disclosed that the company on its understanding handed over the work to a sub-contractor haling from Manipur identified to be one Th. Bisorjit of Thongju.
`The National highway 39 is the main lifeline of the state, there have been many hue and cry, unrest on the issue, amidst such importance the department will not remain silent` said the minister adding that he informed the department to blacklist the company and book the sub-contractor for this negligence depending on the liability.
He further informed that a section of the highway from Maram to Mao (23 km) has been taken over by the state from the BRO and works has been going on in full swing in developing and maintaining the works.
The state government is keen in improving the condition of the NH-39 from Mao to Moreh at the earliest time. Six inches thick layer will be topped throughout the entire highway for which a sum of 200 crore have been sanctioned by the central ministry for the year 2010-11, said the works minister.
However he maintained that in addition to the other hindrances, pressures from some UG groups is hampering the progress of the works in the highway which is the lifeline of the state. He also pointed out that works the hot mix plant installed at Karong was shut down by UGs element for monetary demands and works along the NH-39 was halted for about two months last year further hampering the progress of work.
On the other hand, a SoO group based at Churachandpur in similar act had hampered works of NH-150 due to shutting down of hot mix plant at Tronglaobi.
Terming such hindrances as unfortunate, the minister appealed not to cause disturbances in developmental works taken up in the state for the welfare of the people.
In the meantime, the minister further informed that all the judiciary system will soon be made available to every district smoothly with the completion of all the court of session judges/CJM. Works for repairing and construction of court are going on in war footing.
Similarly 90 percent works for construction of mini secretariat in the entire district are complete to ensure smooth administrative system in hill district.
The minster also informed that the mini secretariat is likely to be over by last week of May or possibly by June first and will be inaugurated by Union home minister P. Chidambaram.
During the inspection tour, high ranking officers of the works department including Chief Engineer, Executive engineer, Section Engineer, Section officer of both Imphal and Senapati accompanied the minister.
Inspection was conducted for works being taken along the NH-39 till Mao, High court complex Imphal, Mini secretariat Senapati, Superintendent of Taxes Hengbung and CJM Senapati.