Bandh called against murder of Muslim youth

1178

IMPHAL, March 19: In a flash development, a general strike has been called from midnight tonight to midnight tomorrow (March 20) in protest against the government inability to do anything to determined the facts behind a Muslim youth who was found murdered at Heingang Ahallup on March 17.

Members of the `JAC Against the Brutal Killing of Md. Lukaman` said they had submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister seeking his intervention in tracing the murderers, but as no action was forthcoming, they were compelled to call the protest general strike.

They said the murdered 27 year old Md. Likaman had gone from his mother`™s village Kiyamgei Muslim to Kiyamgei Urup to take part in a Estima religious function on March 16, but failed to return home and disappeared with a trace.

A missing report was thereafter filed with the Irilbung Police Station, Imphal East, on March 17, and the disappearance was also notified in the local cable TV channels, they said.

Later news reached the family of the deceased that he was recovered dead at Heingang Ahallup Bazaar, with marks of a brutal murder and his body had been deposited at the JNIMS mortuary.

Thereafter there were also many charges of misdeed by the murdered man from some quarters, but the JAC said all these are cooked up falsehood to defame the unfortunate victim.

A memorandum was then submitted to the Chief Minister on the matter to have action taken to determine and trace the killers of the youth and award them fitting punishment. But the appeal was to no avail, therefore the JAC was compelled to call the general strike, they said.

The JAC also appealed to all right thinking civil organisations to support the general strike so justice is done in the murder case.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here