Four of a family die after consuming wild mushroom


CHURACHANDPUR, April 15: A 42-year-old and his 15 year old who had gone out to the jungle to cut wood during the night are the only survivors of their six-member family after four family members died this morning after consuming mushroom at Parvachawn Village in Tipaimukh sub-division, Churachandpur.

The man has been identified as Benjoy Hrangchal.

The deceased include Benjoy wife, their second son identified as Ovadia Lalthamuang, 12, Ralnipui, 9 and Vaninmoi, 6.

The name of Benjoy’s wife couldn’t be ascertained till the filing of this report.

According to local sources, Benjoy and his family are cultivators and the mushroom was collected from nearby jungle by their second child.

The father and the eldest son survive as they were not at home when the others were consuming the mushroom, informed the source.

Parvachawn Village is about 200 km from Lamka and has around 150 households.

However, the irony in the incident is that all four couldn’t receive any medical help as there is only one PHC at Senvon which is about 20 kms from their village.

Parvachawn villagers who are now residents of Lamka told this reporter, the villagers have a hard time whenever there was any ailing person in the village, as there was no motorable road connecting the village to the outside world.

They said even though there is a PHC at Senvon, there is no doctor available there.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here